Friday, January 2, 2009

First Cigar of 2009

01-01-2009, My first cigar of the year was an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro. I had it in my humidor for almost 10 months. It was a very beautiful wrapper; dark, oily, and flawless. It lit very easily and produced a very tasty smoke. The smoke was plentiful and white. It did not burn very even, but it was a good smoke, easy draw, and I decided not to mess with the burn, no touch-up. It had a medium to full flavor. There were hints of leather and wood. It was a cool smoke up to the end. I took it to the end as far as I could. I enjoyed every minute this fine stick provided. It was a very good way to start the new year off.

2 comments:

  1. An excellent cigar to start the year off mate. I am yet to try a Fuente that I did not enjoy. I almost always smoke em with a aged tawney Port which seems to work very well.
    Anvil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuente was the first premium cigar I ever smoked. I keep several different Fuentes in my humidor. I currently have a couple of different Anjeo, 8-5-8 naturals, Chateau maduro robusto, Don Carlos, and two Opus X. I think I am going to have one of the Opus X when I try my port or bourbon in a few months.

    Keep coming by and travel along with me on this journey.

    ReplyDelete