Saturday, January 31, 2009

Warmed Up Today

01-31-09, It warmed up enough today to get out in the yard and do some work. We had a high of about 68. I took advantage of the weather and enjoyed a cigar. I fired up a La Diva.
I used to pay $10.00 to $15.00 each for these. They were aged in cognac barrels and sealed in glass tubes. The distributing company that once sold this brand went out of business. They are now sold by TNT Cigars and cost around $5.00 each. Anyway, it had a wonderful sweet smell before lighting. The wrapper was creamy and rough. No large veins, it just was not smooth. Upon lighting the taste was as sweet as the smell. It was mellow with a touch of the cognac and cream. It produced a lot of thick white smoke. The draw was just right. It was consistent throughout the smoke. The burn was not even, but there was nothing wrong it. It lasted forever. I need to see if they make it in a shorter version.

1 comment:

  1. Johnny, thanks for pointing me to your site. It is great to see the post about three of my favorite activities outside of work. I certainly enjoy cigars and primarily smoke cigars from http://www.tampasweetheart.com just talk to Darlene and she will hook you up. My favorite is a Maduro wrapped delight NO.500 (Bundle)
    4 1/2" x 50
    Bundle of 20
    Price - 31.60 USD this is a great smoke and will last at least two drinks of my favorite side kick Makers Mark. The cigar is a medium smoke and typically has a very good draw. Hope you enjoy and let Darlene know Brent from New Mexico recommended my old neighbor in Tampa.

    ReplyDelete