Sunday, March 22, 2009

CAO America

3-20-09, CAO America Bottle Rockets. I got three of these free with a CAO America sampler I purchased. These are some beautiful sticks, barber pole wrapper, beautiful bands, you just don't feel like you could go wrong with them. WRONG! I don't think I have ever been so disappointed. The prelight draw was hard. I thought maybe it was due to the length. These are 7x50. I lit it and it stayed hard to draw. A few inches into it I noticed an area that started to swell and crack. I took my cutter and cut it just above the area. The spot was about an inch in length.

As you can see below, it was charred into the stick. There was even some charring above where I had cut. I relit the stick and the draw continued to be hard and the flavor was not all that good. I finally gave up on this and put it down. I have two more left and I don't know when I will give them another try. I will let them sit in the humidor for a few months. Maybe I will give them another shot aroung the 4th of July. They are a patriotic looking stick.

This goes to show you that looks can be deceiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment